Listen to This Blog
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on July 28, 2021 by Canny Costumes
This easy recipe for frosted sugar cookies is delicious to make, eat and share all year round for every holiday and special occasion, but making cut-out cookies with Halloween cookie cutters in the shapes of pumpkins, ghosts, bats, black cats and mummies is spooktacular!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup margarine (softened, but not melted)
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco (or shortening)
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 3 TBsp milk (add more as needed)
- Mix ingredients. Cool sugar cookie dough in refrigerator (preferably overnight).
- Roll sugar cookie dough out on flour (and don’t forget to flour the rolling pin) for cut-out cookies.
- Bake cut-out sugar cookies 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes on AirBake cookie sheet until the cookie edges are slightly brown and/or the tops of the cookies start to crack.
- Let cookies cool and frost (sugar cookie frosting recipe below).
Whip together frosting recipe ingredients with mixer until fluffy. Separate and add food coloring to make different colors of frosting. Frost the sugar cookies, add sprinkle decorations, or decorate the Halloween frosted sugar cookies with a cake decorator.
This easy recipe for frosted sugar cookies is delicious to make, eat and share all year round for every holiday and special occassion, but making cut-out cookies with Halloween cookie cutters in the shapes of pumpkins, ghosts, bats, black cats and mummies is spooktacular!