Listen to This Blog
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on April 8, 2023 by Canny Costumes
Easter is just around the corner, and it’s time to start planning your festive attire! Whether you’re attending an Easter egg hunt or just want to get into the holiday spirit, making an Easter costume is a fun and creative way to celebrate. Today we’ll show you how to make your own Easter egg and rabbit costumes.
How to Make an Easter Egg Costume?
To make an Easter egg costume, you’re going to need a few basic materials, including some large cardboard pieces, paint, scissors, glue, and decorations. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose two cardboard pieces that cover your body and them into matching egg shapes.
- Attach the two pieces together using shoulder straps made of ribbon or elastic.
- Paint the cardboard in your desired colors and let it dry completely.
- Add some extra touches such as glitter, stickers, or ribbon to make it more festive.
- Wear white clothes underneath to complete the look.
Tips for customizing your Easter egg costume:
- Use different colors to represent different types of Easter eggs.
- Draw designs or patterns on the egg to make it more unique.
- Add a message or pun on the egg, such as “Happy Easter” or “Crack Me Up!”
How to Make a Rabbit Costume at Home?
If you prefer a more classic Easter costume, why not dress up as a cute and cuddly rabbit? To make a rabbit costume at home, you will need felt, scissors, a hot glue gun, and a headband. Here are the steps to follow:
- Cut out two bunny ear shapes from the felt.
- Glue the ears to the headband, leaving enough space between them for your head.
- Cut out a rabbit tail shape from the felt and attach it to the back of your pants or skirt with hot glue.
- Wear a white shirt and pants/skirt to complete the look.
Tips for accessorizing your rabbit costume:
- Add whiskers and a nose with face paint.
- Wear a pair of bunny slippers or socks.
- Carry a basket filled with Easter eggs to complete the look.
How to Make Bunny Ears and a Tail
If you don’t want to go all-out with a full Easter costume, bunny ears, and a tail can still make for a cute and festive accessory. To make bunny ears and a tail, you will need faux fur, wire, and glue. Here are the steps to follow:
- Cut out two ear shapes and a tail shape from the faux fur.
- Cut two pieces of wire to match the length of the ear shapes and glue them to the center of each ear.
- Glue the faux fur around the wire, leaving a small space at the bottom to attach the ears to a headband.
- Attach the ears to the headband using glue.
- Shape the tail and attach it to the back of your pants or skirt with safety pins.
Tips for making bunny ears and a tail:
- Use a strong wire to make the ears and tail more durable.
- Trim the fur around the edges of the ears and tail to make them look neater.
- Choose a color of faux fur that matches your outfit or complements your Easter theme.
Easter is the perfect occasion to showcase your creativity and festive spirit with a fun costume. Making your own costume can be a great way to express yourself and stand out from the crowd. Whether you decide to go all-out with an Easter egg or rabbit costume, or just add some bunny ears and a tail to your outfit, these DIY ideas are sure to add some Easter fun to your wardrobe.